Thursday, September 22, 2005

From the 313 to the 613

New city, same insomnia.

Instead of living just across the river from another country, I live just across the river from a province who would just as soon be another country.

Random observations made opon moving to Ottawa from Detroit:
*Where is all the industry?
*Paul Martin's house is nice; I'd rather live there than in Bush's house.
*I am NOT rooting for the Senators.
*There are far too many one-way streets here.
*When speaking of venerated local historical figure Colonel John By, people seem to prefer that you do not chuckle at his last name...even if the Rideau does flow both ways.
*The quality of poutine improves as you go East.
*The CFL is really, really boring...but even the Ottawa Renegades could beat the Lions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandparents could beat the Lions...and they're both dead. Rebuilding decade my ass.

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home