Thursday, June 23, 2005

Check the date on that lord

Today, I was accosted by more Jesus freaks than panhandlers. Go figure. I was NOT in the mood...

Jesus freak: Here...take a flyer...you can be saved.
Me: What?
Jesus freak: Have you found the Lord?
Me: I haven't really been looking, to be perfectly honest...
Jesus freak: He's here for you. He's here for all of us.
Me: What if I'm a child molester?
Jesus freak: (without missing a beat) You can still be saved.
Me: Umm....
Jesus freak: Just take a flyer...it could save your life.
Me (now getting impatient and perturbed): OK, so God is all knowing?
Jesus freak: Yes.
Me: And God is all powerful?
Jesus Freak (obviously pleased): Yes!
Me: Then didn't he have a moral obligation to prevent the Holocaust? I mean, doesn't that alone make him the worse entity EVER?
Exit Jesus Freak.

It wasn't a very nice thing to say. I didn't mean to insult him, but I grow tired of being told that I need to be "born again." In the words of Dennis Miller (BEFORE he jumped the shark), excuse me for getting it right the first time.

I actually believe in something. Not sure what...probably not God or Yaweh or George Burns...but certainly something. Like Art Bell says, there are no coincidences. I just didn't feel like dealing today.

Poor guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home