Tuesday, July 19, 2005

An unprecedented performance

It was exactly 9 years ago on this very day that I first played in front of a live audience. At an open mic night in Grand Bend (which, incidentally, still exists), I made my debut. After incessant prodding from friends and far too many drinks, I finally got up the nerve to play and sing "I Don't Wanna Fall in Love." Yay me.

I wasn't really nervous at all. I'm probably more nervous before our shows now. No one expected me to be good that night, so it was relatively easy to pleasantly surprise them. As long as you want nothing from me, I can give you something. But now, Hat fans EXPECT a good show when they come to see us, which makes it infinitely more difficult to deliver the proverbial goods.

My best performances have probably taken place when no one else was paying attention. So it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home