Wednesday, November 23, 2005

more Ottawa

In Ottawa, speed bumps are called "speed humps." For serious.

It's finally getting cold here, and - as if on cue - the heat in my car broke the other day. Yay for timing.

I took a surreal walk along the Rideau the other night. It finally froze. Not enough to skate or walk on (I'm not really a winter guy, but it does look like fun), just enough to make it all shiny and reflective. The thin sheet of ice acts like a giant mirror; pretty amazing to see at night.

It's incredible, in this city, that you can be practically downtown and still so removed from the hustle and bustle of civilization.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chellen said...

There's an area about 10 minutes outside of downtown Ann Arbor, called Pittfield Township or something like that, where there are actually horse farms. I forget sometimes, living in that city, that I'm actually in the middle of the state, and surrounded by nature. Whenever I've had enough of the town, I grab someone with a car and drive around the dirt roads out there, listening to music as loud as I possibly can. It is pretty damn amazing.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home