Monday, November 07, 2005

Other people's conversations...

...suck.

Did you ever listen - inadvertently or purposefully - to what random people are saying within earshot of you? I already suspected the worst, but riding the bus has raised the bar. There's nothing quite like public transportation - with its close, uncomfortable quarters - for rediscovering one's misanthropic tendencies. Today, I had the displeasure of hearing this little nugget of meandering nonsense:

"So it's like, my name is Kat and I was totally a cat for Halloween...people were so into it...because I was a cat, and it's my name...people were calling me a cat - because I looked like a cat - and I was like 'I am!' and they so didn't even know..."

And so it went. Not for one minute or two, but for the entirety of my 20-minute bus ride.

Methinks she needs a few minutes alone in a room with Stewie Griffin and lots of sharp power tools.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel for you man! That must have been hell. You're just to nice to say what you probably wanted to say ... "So your name is Cat right? I wasn't sure if your name was Cat? You know you only said it 50 someodd times? I wanted to make sure I got your name right."

But sometimes sneakin' in the back door of a conversation can be really entertaining as well. For instance, went to a local hockey game tonight (you know, the real stuff) and ran into some fellow Detroiters down here in the Severe South. The game was interesting, but the comments were better if you know what I mean. How do you like the hockey/sports up North so far?

-S.S.-

10:56 PM  
Blogger Pj said...

>>How do you like the hockey/sports up North so far?<<

Well, the Senators and Wings are the best teams in the league, which is nice for me.

But, mostly, I miss the Pistons games.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home