Monday, April 11, 2005

Two wrongs really DO make a right

When my CDs were stolen in December, I lost the now out-of-print Rhino reissue of the Plimsouls amazing debut album. After perusing the internet, I came to realize that this seminal power pop masterpiece would cost me upwards of $50 to replace. Apparently, it has become something of a collector's item since I bought it. Doh. Stupid record collector geeks.

But...

Today, I downloaded the entire album off a file-sharing program. Did you hear that RIAA?? You like that?? Come get me!! I am cranking every illegally obtained gem of a song up to 11!!

I've essentially stolen back my stolen CD. I couldn't have afforded this album at its current price tag. But, because of an anonymous (and generous) music fan, I can once again enjoy the life-affirming power pop perfection of the Plimsouls.

So...yay. Yay for file-sharing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that album. Plimsouls rule.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home