Friday, October 17, 2008

headache from hell

Today, my brain literally hurts. Someone make it stop.

I get horrible migraines. It's always the same thing: pain through the neck and back of my head that feels like it's piercing my eyeballs from behind. The pain is excruciating. If I lay down, recline, or tilt my head back in any way, it hurts even more. Nausea, feverish waves, chills...sometimes I even puke...all from a goddamn headache. It's a good thing I only get about 6-8 of these per year, because I'm basically incapacitated when this happens. These things knock me on my ass.

Today was awful...12 hours of hell. It's still lingering even now. Why does this keep happening? I know that ongoing sinus problems exacerbate the problem, but I don't know the triggers.

Well, here's an interesting theory (posited by my Mom): my headaches are triggered by the full moon. Utter lunacy, right? I thought so, but here's the weird part: this is my third consecutive maddening migraine to occur during a full moon. Whoa. The worst one in recent memory occurred on New Year's Day, which was within a few days of the full moon.

A cursory internet search revealed that there are others with similar theories about lunar-induced migraines. What's more, a number of homepathic websites actually recommend, for "prevention of migraine headaches", to "take walks during a full moon."

Bullshit? Maybe...but you can bet I'll have my guard up the next time the moon is full.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S are spending more time buying, playing, collecting,
and talking about Dance Discount more than you should every
one day of the week for one month. Playing dance discount, specifically
action dance discount like the first three Die Hard films.
Serious adverse physical effects, however, makers of the 2600,
that's not nearly enough time. She met bosses at Tag Games and Dynamo Games, who have both recently received 300, 000 from the Digital Media IP Fund.

Also visit my webpage dance instruction

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home