Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Old 97s in Detroit on Saturday

Last weekend ruled. Two great shows, and (!!) I got to eat at Lafayette Coney Island, the mother of all Motor City roadfood. Two coney dogs with everything and cheese fries...that's how I roll.

As for the Old 97s, I don't what I can say about these guys that I haven't already said. I'm running out of superlatives to describe their awesomeness. Such an incredible live band. It was nice to see them in Detroit again; I hadn't been to St. Andrew's in years. Charlie Louvin was fun, too. I've seen the 97s rock no less than 7 shows - all great - but this was the first time I saw a legitimate old-school country traditionalist on the bill with them. Pretty cool. After the show, I hobnobbed with Murry. He was gracious, as always. Everybody loves Murry. Then, in a slightly more surreal and unexpected exchange, Ken and I discussed the rudiments of a Chinese basket job.

It was that kind of night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home