Monday, November 01, 2004

Strathroy Rock City

Good times at the Devil's night show in Strathroy. The bar committed a management faux paus and double-booked a cover band on the same night (bleh), but Mike diffused the conflicts (like he does so well) and most everything went off without a hitch.

I like Leo's. It's a simple, small-town kind of bar, which attracts ordinary folk and nary a trace of hipster irony. Refreshing and honest. Perfect venue for a beer-fueled Halloween party.

Hometown faves AT Power Supply put on a high-energy show, as always. They get better every time I see them; vocal harmonies are getting sharper and the new tunes rock. Plus they played a Kiss cover. Then we took the stage; our set was a lot fun. Mike and I were pretty juiced up and the crowd response was solid. We ended our set by playing Green Day's new 10-minute rock opus "Jesus of Suburbia" in its entirety, mostly just to say we did it. Good times. Then Staylefish put the icing on the cake with one of their trademark danceable live performances. I'm not really a reggae guy (although I dig on Jimmy Cliff quite a bit), but the positive energy and general good-time atmosphere of their shows is infectious.

Then I drank too much and felt the effects the next day. Yay me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home